Hypermode is a state in which Samus can fire Phazon, dealing lots of damage. In Metroid Prime, this is only usable in Impact Crater against Metroid Prime and requires the Phazon Suit. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, it can be utilized once the PED Suit is obtained, and requires at least one Energy Tank to activate.
The Hypermode bar starts at 150. Attacks decrease it by a specific amount:
- Hyper Beam (uncharged) - 5.5
- Hyper Beam (charged) - Charged Hyper Beam fires a small shot every other frame; each shot decreases the bar by 1. Fully charged fires 76 shots.
- Hyper Ball - 2/3rds each frame (40 per second)
- Hyper Missile - 40
When corrupted, the bar increases at a rate of 10 per second. You become fully corrupted once you reach 150; you have 5 seconds to get it down to 95 or lower or you die. It temporarily stops increasing while fully corrupted (so basically, getting fully corrupted wastes potential phazon).
The bar is equal to your max HP, so it maxes between 199 with 1 tank and 1499 with 14 tanks.
Normally, the bar increases at a rate of 2.3 per second. During the final bosses it increases at half that rate, so 1.15 per second.
Stuff that can decrease it:
- Small Anti-Phazon Unit - 17.5
- Large Anti-Phazon Unit - 35
- Hyper Grappling that thing in the second room - .5 per frame (30 per second)
- Hyper Grappling enemies - 3.333... per frame (200 per second)
- Phazon Puffer - 70 each time it sucks Phazon from you
If you scan the Anti-Phazon Units, it says they decrease by 25 or 50 each, which is incorrect.
You become fully corrupted once you max out the bar; you have 5 seconds to get it down to 95 or lower or you die.